I have participated in NaNoWriMo on three different occasions (2006,2007, and 2009). The most I’ve ever written was the first year, when I managed to crank out 36,000 words on Murder at Avedon Hill. This year I will be ‘doing NaNo,’ and I’ve invited some friends to join me on this journey. You might know some of these writers, and podcasters (and one is best known as an astronomer), but these are all friends that are going to take time before November 1st and and take time away from writing during November to share their experiences, and in so doing, I hope we will help each other succeed at this.
For those of you that don’t know, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, November, and the goal of NaNo is to write 50,000 words in 30 days.
So what will “Living NaNoWriMo” be? It will consist of several Google Hangouts, longer form ones prior to November first, and then shorter ones during the month. I will be creating a page here on the site which will list the google hangout schedule, and I hope you’ll stop by and ask questions, and cheer us on. It’s all about ‘accountability’ and ‘supporting each other,’ and if you are doing NaNo as well, I hope we will be able to support you on your journey as well.
Who are the participants that will be joining me on this journey?
- Pamela Gay, astronomer, writer, and podcaster (Astronomy Cast)
- Justin Macumber, writer and podcaster (The Dead Robot’s Society)
- Starla Huchton, writer, graphic designer, musician, podcaster (The Dreamer’s Thread)
- Zachary Ricks, writer, publisher, attorney, podcaster (The Galley Table Podcast)
- Nicole Ireland, writer, blogger (A Second Chance)
- Martyn Casserly, journalist, musician, writer (Living with the Future)
- J.R. Murdock, writer, podcast author (V&A Shipping, Billy Barbarian)
- Laura Nicole, writer and podcaster (Prisoners of the Alliance, Absolution)
And of course me, P.G. Holyfield, proprietor of SpecFicMedia.com and author of Murder at Avedon Hill.
Here is our planned schedule for the rest of the month:
Tue Nov 6th – Zachary Ricks, Pamela Gay, Laura Nicole
Fri Nov 9th – Martyn Casserly (4 pm Eastern)
Sun Nov 11th – Justin Macumber, Nicole Irleand
Wed Nov 14th – Zachary Ricks
Thu Nov 15th – Justin Macumber
Sun Nov 18th – Nicole Ireland, Martyn Casserly (4 pm Eastern)
Mon Nov 19th – Starla Huchton (10 am eastern)
Tue Nov 20th – Zachary Ricks, Pamela Gay, Laura Nicole
Sat Nov. 24th – Pamela Gay, Justin Macumber
Mon Nov 26th – Starla Huchton, (10 am Eastern)
Wed Nov 28th – Zachary Ricks, Nicole Ireland
Fri. Nov 30th – Justin Macumber